Bookshelf

Bookshelf

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Willy and Sherman: Battle on the Beach


On August 17, 2019 I had the great pleasure of attending D-day Ohio with my boyfriend. It was a fantastic day and full of battles and LOTS of walking! While I was there my boyfriend purchased this book for me and I finally had time to sit and read it this week. 


Willy and Sherman: Battle on the Beach is a cute book for younger readers about a jeep and a tank who become friends and help the US soldiers in the battle on Normandy beach. It has many beautiful illustrations and is easy to read and understand with some interesting historical notes in the back. If you're teaching your children about D-day and World War Two I highly recommend adding this book to your reading list! It is historical fiction but is full of facts about the tanks and jeeps as well as the battle itself.  You can buy it on Amazon as a hardcover, paperback or in Kindle format.


No comments:

Post a Comment