Bookshelf

Bookshelf

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Loving Adina

Back in 2013, two young girls threaded together a story they had been working on for months. It was published and printed... Now I am here to share the little story behind Loving Adina.

2012.... Emma Qualls and I, both aspiring authors and great friends, decided to write a story together. We talked about our ideas and finally started writing a story set in 1940s Austria. It is the story of two teenagers who must face hard decisions that may cause death to either one. We split the story evenly between us, each taking on the life of one of the main characters and weaving in the extras that the two come in contact with, including some historical figures of their time. Once we started, we couldn't stop and eagerly awaited the next part to arrive from each other.... Now I must tell you that we did NOT write it by email or text. No, we took up pencil and paper and wrote each of our parts and sent them by mail to each other. It was a long process but very rewarding and so much fun!

2013... Our story was complete. Now to get it together. Emma and I lived 4 hours apart and rarely got a chance to be together. I planned a "Picnic with the Past" with a group of girls, including Emma and her sister, and I invited Emma to stay with me. Using her laptop, we laced together the parts we had eventually typed out and then I added the finishing touches in the next few weeks. Having previously discussed the idea of publishing, it was decided that we would use a free publishing company to start off our writing career. (It may not have been the wisest course but we were determined to see our book printed.) Emma's dad did not want her to sign the contract, as it asked for more information than he wanted her to give, so I put my name down as the sole author. But if you look inside the pages of this book, you will find I gave acknowledgement to her help.


On July 31, 2013, Loving Adina hit the market and our little story was made available to the public. It is exciting to see it available online with my name on it! It is now available on Amazon and you can order it for less than $20 (before shipping)!

Though there are flaws with our book, due to my editing errors, we are proud to present it to you! If you are interested in reading it, please click the title in this post highlighted in blue and proceed to Amazon. If you enjoyed it, please post a review on Amazon!


No comments:

Post a Comment